City theater building at the corner of Volodymyrska and B. Khmelnitsky streets
Photo (1885) from Wikipedia:
During the Christmas holidays of 1893 (December 22 – January 1, 1894) Lesja Ukrainka visited this theater four times, where she saw the operas "Demon" by A. Rubinstein, "Faust" by Ch. Gounod, "Eugene Onegin" by P. Tchaikovsky, "Pagliacci" by R. Leoncavallo. Opera performances at this time were held in the City theater (pictured).
This house burned down in 1896, and in 1897 – 1901 a new opera house was built in its place (now – ).