Former house of Khoroshavina in Yalta
Photo 2016 with Yandex panoramas: . In the photo on the left – Kotelnikov’s street, on the right – an unnamed lane leading to Lomonosov’s street.
This house (former Lomonosov Boulevard, 19 – now Lomonosov’s Street) is memorable because from mid-July 1908, Ukrainian poetess Lesja Ukrainka lived here with her husband, Kliment Kvitka, who served in the Yalta court.
From October 26 to mid-November 1908, P. A. Kosach visited Lesja Ukrainka and K. Kvitka. This was Lesja’s last meeting with her father.
On December 2, 1908, Lesja Ukrainka and K. V. Kvitka recorded with the help of a phonograph thoughts and songs from the kobzar Hnat Honcharenko.
Around December 6, 1908, Lesja Ukrainka and K. V. Kvitka left Yalta for Batumi and further to Tbilisi.